The purpose of the School Board is to provide advice and assist the pastor in the operation of Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, subject to such rules and regulations that precede from the Archbishop through canon law and the corporate structures of the Archdiocese, the Archdiocesan Superintendent of Schools, and the Archdiocesan Board of Education. The Consultative Board can be discontinued at any time at the prudent wisdom of such authority.
The Board, functioning as an advisory body, shall be guided by the following responsibilities:
- To create a better understanding of Catholic education in the community by fostering a relationship of the school to the entire community, both civic and cultural groups, and the public schools of the area;
- To analyze the school budget to determine if it realistically reflects the general financial and physical needs of the school;
- To discuss and evaluate reports presented to it by professional staff members;
- To monitor and evaluate programs which were established as a result of the pastor’s policy decisions; and
- To provide counsel to the pastor in the hiring of a principal.
School Board 2017-18
Colleen Langridge, Chair
Non-voting Members -
Ed Gory, Sports Board
Karen Sammons, PTG